This episode is an exploration of song (aka "space-craft") as a tool with which to navigate landscapes and mindscapes, and as a means through which to gain entranced entrance into the mystic/mythic dimensions of the psyche. Travis is a true troubador, and together we explore the world of songcrafting, lyricism, the realms of fae, and the graceful race of ugly goblins that dance around in his mind.
(Serving suggestion: try listening through headphones)
Learn more about Travis at www.balladir.com and consider supporting him and his wee ones through his patreon!
Support Self Portraits As Other People by visiting http://www.patreon.com/voiddenizen
Links to songs mentioned in this episode:
- Get to know Travis & his tunes thru this YouTube playlist of 1-take takeaway shows I shot of my favorite Travis tunes, including "Witty World", "Gold Dust", & "Silence The Song" in its unbroken entirety.
- TheaTerRa - No Such Thing
- Stark Levity performing a Goblin Song at an event I produced in 2013
- The Theme of the Sentimental Centipede, downloaded in an altered state, midwifed by Travis' instrumentality
- Travis' contributions to the Void Denizen record: Eclipse (Halfway) and Silent Sirens
Literary references mentioned in this episode:
- The Spell of the Sensuous - David Abram
- The Cosmic Serpent - Jeremy Narby
- Good Faeries, Bad Faeries - Brian Froud
The Ungoogleable Michaelangelo
For writings, art, films, music, and shop visit: www.voidandimagination.com
for questions, comments, concerns, or comissions: email@example.com